"The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest." Matthew 9:37-38
WE ARE EVANGELICAL
To say that we are evangelical means that we take our stand with all those who are orthodox in foundational presuppositions:
• the existence of the triune God (that is: Within the one Being that is God, there exists eternally three coequal and coeternal persons, namely, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.)
• the deity of Jesus Christ (We affirm that Jesus Christ if fully God, and fully man.)
• the substitutionary atonement of Jesus Christ (Jesus died on the cross and bore God's wrath for His people in their place.)
• the physical resurrection of Christ, and the certainty of His return
• infallibility divine authority of the Scriptures
We joyfully affirm our unity with those who hold to these foundational truths.
WE ARE EVANGELISTIC
We take seriously the Great Commission, "Go and make disciples of all nations." Without compromising the sovereignty of God, we affirm the responsibility of each person to repent and believe in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and our responsibility to extend the Gospel proclamation as a call to salvation to everyone who hears its message.
WE ARE REFORMED
The word "reformed" can be defined simply in two ways:
• It is a reference to our historical link to the Protestant Reformation of the 16th century and intends to describe us as the heirs of that tradition that comes from Luther, Calvin, Knox and other reformers.
• We use the word "reformed" to commonly refer to certain theological distinctives that have historically marked many reformational believers.
Our reformed distinctives include the sovereignty of God in His creation, divine providence, and the election of individuals unto salvation apart from any merit of their own; the irresistible grace of God provided by God for the individual and preceding the faith of the individual; the absolute necessity and sufficiency of God's grace in the salvation of His people; the efficacy of Christ's death for all those who believe in Him; the safeguarding and preservation unto eternal life of all those for whom Christ died.
WE ARE CONFESSIONAL
1689 Baptist Confession of Faith
WE ARE CONVENANTAL
To say we are covenantal means we believe that the unifying principle of the Scriptures is the one covenant of grace that God made with Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, and finally and most importantly, in Jesus Christ. To speak of the unity of the covenants means that there is only one way and one way only to salvation in both Old and New Testaments-that is, by faith alone in Jesus Christ. The covenant is a pledge or bond of love which God has for His people.
WE ARE COMPLIMENTARIAN
The complimentarian position is the Biblical view that male and female were created by God as equal in dignity, value, essence and human nature, but also distinct in role. Our understanding is that the Bible reveals the nature of masculinity and femininity by describing diverse responsibilities for man and woman while rooting these differing responsibilities in creation, not convention.
WE ARE KINGDOM CENTERED
We believe that the Kingdom of God is not only a future hope but is also a present reality. We believe that the ascension of Jesus Christ means that He is presently reigning from Heaven and, therefore, we are to honor and obey Him in every area of our lives.